Tuesday, July 20, 2010

OTHER THAN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY AND YOUR BELOVED RED SOX, WHAT IS YOUR REAL PASSION THAT WE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT?

Teaching. I think if I was not in the hotel business, I would be teaching in some capacity, probably at the college level and, more than likely, in the hospitality arena. I enjoy utilizing my experience and sharing my passion about the hospitality industry with others. I do a fair amount of teaching presently in my Head Coach capacity – just enough to “scratch my itch” in that area. I love it when I’m able to see audiences respond to information or knowledge that they were not aware of, and I particularly enjoy sharing about the history of the hotel business. It is not only one of the oldest professions, but it’s also one of the most interesting and rewarding. We in the hotel business often talk about the fact that once the business “gets in your blood”, it’s hard to get out. I believe the secret to success is finding something you are passionate about and then finding someone who’s willing to pay you to do it. I hope you enjoy this great business as much as I do.

No comments:

Welcome to Fred Cerrone's Blog

Welcome to “Stuff Worth Sharing”! It is our hope that this blog will help you to know more about our Founder & Chairman, Fred Cerrone, as well as gain some insight into his vision and dreams for Hotel Equities. We welcome your feedback as well as any topics that you would like Fred to cover. Thanks for all you do to help make Hotel Equities a success!

Read More