Friday, May 2, 2014

Make a Difference!

Growing up in Boston as a boy, my parents were divorced when I was five years old. I lived with my mother, but my grandfather served as an important mentor. He taught me the importance of having a good work ethic and that people mattered more than material things. He encouraged me to make a difference in life and to use my career choice as a means to impact people. Although he worked as a janitor of an elementary school, he taught me that my work is as important as I would allow it to be.
When I founded Hotel Equities in 1989, I made it a point to heed his advice and make his legacy a part of our defining culture statement: A legendary lodging company making a distinct difference in people’s lives.
At our hotels, we greet weary travelers and provide crisp, clean accommodations in a friendly and safe environment every day. 
However, we should never underestimate the impact our work or our smile can make. I believe that opportunities to impact others abound in our lives.  And remember, when you make a difference in the life of someone else, it can’t help but make a difference in your life, too!

Hospitably,
Fred Cerrone

No comments:

Welcome to Fred Cerrone's Blog

Welcome to “Stuff Worth Sharing”! It is our hope that this blog will help you to know more about our Founder & Chairman, Fred Cerrone, as well as gain some insight into his vision and dreams for Hotel Equities. We welcome your feedback as well as any topics that you would like Fred to cover. Thanks for all you do to help make Hotel Equities a success!

Read More