Sunday, February 28, 2010

WHAT HISTORICAL EVENT HAD THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE AND WHY?

My parents were divorced when I was five years old. Back in the 50’s, this was much less common of an event than it is today. I remember my best friend’s mother saying, “He can’t play with you anymore since I learned that your parents were divorced.” Since I did not live with or near my Dad, I only got to see him every other weekend. I remember it was tough not having a father figure around my house to help me “figure life out”. Fortunately for me, my grandfather stepped up and became a very important role model in my life. In addition, my Little League coach became a very influential person in my life. He taught me the fundamentals of the game of baseball and told me I was going to be “alright”. Later on in my life, I found it very rewarding to coach Little League and teach young boys about the wonderful game of baseball which helped encourage me at a time when I needed it the most. I was always on the lookout for the kids who were living with a single mother and who were in need of a word of encouragement.

No comments:

Welcome to Fred Cerrone's Blog

Welcome to “Stuff Worth Sharing”! It is our hope that this blog will help you to know more about our Founder & Chairman, Fred Cerrone, as well as gain some insight into his vision and dreams for Hotel Equities. We welcome your feedback as well as any topics that you would like Fred to cover. Thanks for all you do to help make Hotel Equities a success!

Read More