Monday, April 19, 2010

WHERE IS THE ONE PLACE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT THAT YOU HAVE NOT YET BEEN?

I would love to visit Israel. As I write this, we have recently celebrated Easter and I am mindful of the traditions and reality of my Christian faith. I would love to have the opportunity to travel and visit some of the same places Jesus did. It would be an extra special treat to have a guide who could bring the bible to life as we walk the paths where some of the best stories ever told originated.

This past year I had the pleasure of visiting Italy for the first time which is the birthplace of my paternal grandparents. That experience was very moving for me. We found the small town of Isle de Liri which is about 90 miles south of Rome. We met several townsfolk but were unable to complete the trace of our heritage since most of the towns records were destroyed in a major flood which took place in the early 1900’s. The town name which means the land of two rivers is one of the most quaint spots I have ever visited.

In preparing for the trip we did some ancestry research and learned that my grandparents immigrated to this country in 1904. My grandmother was pregnant with my father during the voyage from Italy and my father was named after the ship they sailed on which was the Frederic de Grosse. So, I guess you could say I was named after a floating hotel.

No comments:

Welcome to Fred Cerrone's Blog

Welcome to “Stuff Worth Sharing”! It is our hope that this blog will help you to know more about our Founder & Chairman, Fred Cerrone, as well as gain some insight into his vision and dreams for Hotel Equities. We welcome your feedback as well as any topics that you would like Fred to cover. Thanks for all you do to help make Hotel Equities a success!

Read More