Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Are You Making a Difference?

College basketball’s annual March Madness started Sunday with the announcement of the brackets. As a sports fan, I enjoy speculating who will win each bracket. It occurs to me that often the coaches are the real difference-makers.


Personally, my sport was baseball and my little league coach influenced me greatly. First, he took the time to convince me that he cared about me and had my best interest in mind. He built ‘trust’ with me and nurtured me. I credit his words with teaching me the basic skills of the game and his encouragement with giving me the desire to go on to play two years of semi-professional baseball after high school. I realize that he helped me develop a positive attitude and the desire to be a winner.

You and I have that same ability to be a difference-maker in the lives of the people we lead. Our lives are often referred to as a ‘dash’ - the symbol used on our gravestone between the year of birth and the year of death - that will depict our life. Think of it as the time we are alive and able to be influencers. So, let me ask you – who are you influencing? Whose life are you impacting?

Are you making a difference?

No comments:

Welcome to Fred Cerrone's Blog

Welcome to “Stuff Worth Sharing”! It is our hope that this blog will help you to know more about our Founder & Chairman, Fred Cerrone, as well as gain some insight into his vision and dreams for Hotel Equities. We welcome your feedback as well as any topics that you would like Fred to cover. Thanks for all you do to help make Hotel Equities a success!

Read More