Monday, June 17, 2013

Wherever You Are, Be There



 

My number two grandson, Eli White, recently became eligible for the Major League Baseball Draft. The Cincinnati Reds selected him in the 26th round as a shortstop.  Since he suffered a hernia about a month ago, we weren’t certain how the injury would impact his draft status. 

Although this placement is not where he was hoping to go in the draft, he now knows that he is on the radar screens of all major league teams.  Eli recently graduated from Wren High School in Easley, SC with honors and appears to be healing nicely following his surgery for the hernia.

In the meantime, it looks like he will be off to Clemson University in July, at which point he should be baseball-ready. It’s hard to be disappointed about receiving a Division I college baseball scholarship.

Growing up in Boston, my grandfather often told me “Wherever you are, be there!”  I’ve used this admonition as a guideline both in my personal life and in my business career.  And, I’ve shared it with Eli.  It seems most appropriate for him right now.

God has a plan for each of us and, like it or not, his timing is perfect. I’m sure that many other great opportunities await this future Clemson Tiger.

No comments:

Welcome to Fred Cerrone's Blog

Welcome to “Stuff Worth Sharing”! It is our hope that this blog will help you to know more about our Founder & Chairman, Fred Cerrone, as well as gain some insight into his vision and dreams for Hotel Equities. We welcome your feedback as well as any topics that you would like Fred to cover. Thanks for all you do to help make Hotel Equities a success!

Read More