Monday, December 23, 2013

Please Don't Remove Christ from Christmas

As we approach Christmas 2013, I can’t help but be concerned about a trend I see unfolding right before my eyes. There seems to be a war on Christianity including an attempt to remove Christ from Christmas. I’m not certain when it started, but it sure seems to be escalating of late.
 
Last week I received an email solicitation which, quite frankly, bothered me but also helps to illustrate my point.
 

 






The email (pictured above) came from Chet Holmes who attempted to sell me his consulting and training services. Instead, he upset me because his promotional material invited me to take advantage of a special offer as he wished me a “Merry Chetmas”.
 
I thought you might be interested in seeing my response to Chet.
 
Dear Chet,
Please remove me from your mailing list.
I would never consider purchasing anything from someone so arrogant and self-absorbed to remove Christ from the word Christmas in their promotional material and replace it with their own name.
I pray that this message reaches you and more importantly that the true meaning of Christmas would reach your heart one day and that as a result, you would experience a special and joyous holiday season.
Fred
 
Please join me in the fight to keep Christ in Christmas. I hope you and yours experience a joy filled holiday season.
 
Merry Christmas!
Fred Cerrone

No comments:

Welcome to Fred Cerrone's Blog

Welcome to “Stuff Worth Sharing”! It is our hope that this blog will help you to know more about our Founder & Chairman, Fred Cerrone, as well as gain some insight into his vision and dreams for Hotel Equities. We welcome your feedback as well as any topics that you would like Fred to cover. Thanks for all you do to help make Hotel Equities a success!

Read More